There are 5 ways to reset your Income Tax password on Income tax e-filing portal (i.e. http://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in) :
1. Through Aadhar OTP
2. Through DSC (Digital Signature)
3. Through Registered E-mail and Mobile (OTP)
4. Through Net Banking Login
5. Through “Answering Secret Questions” (OTP received on Registered E-mail and Mobile)
But, in case you are not able to Reset your password through any of the ways mentioned above ;
there is a 6th option (which is also 100% online) through which you can reset your password.
Documents required to reset your income tax password are :
1. Self-Attested PAN (PDF)
2. Self-Attested Aadhar (PDF)
3. Self-Attested Password Reset Request Letter (PDF)
Now, you need to put these 3 documents in a “Zipped Folder“.
And E-mail this zipped folder from your personal e-mail id (E-mail id of the person whose password is to be reset) to : email@example.com
[You will receive a temporary password (in your mail) to reset your password within 24 to 72 hours and then you can easily reset your password].